Saturday, July 28, 2007

Settling in...

Advice to all parents: Moving with small children has the same effect as taking away everything that may be near to their hearts and throwing it into a pit of eternal flame. I would have thought that once all the toys emerged from their boxes at the new house all would be well. I was sadly mistaken. The toys may have made it to the new house, but all rules and general common sense guidelines were lost along the way. Needless to say, it was a rough week. Caleb likes having his own room, but now has some huge issue with sharing his toys with his little brother. Reece has handled it pretty well, other than trying to stand on furniture before he was ready and getting a black eye in the process. (This combined with Caleb falling down the outside flight of stairs to the basement and his getting several scrapes and bruises has confined me to the house over the last few days to prevent people questioning my parenting skills. Oh, and Reece decided to get some new teeth over the last couple of days, so it's been especially pleasant to be housebound.)
Shawn and I have settled in much easier, I think. I'm sick of putting new furniture together. (One computer desk, three bookshelves, a dresser, a cabinet, and a filing cabinet) I've spend a ridiculous amount of money at IKEA; on some new furniture for us, and on the kitchen for the suite; but am enjoying the armchair I am now relaxing in. Oh, and have I mentioned how lovely it is to have the laundry on the same floor as the bedrooms? Who knew this could be a luxury.
So the next month promises to be equally draining. I go back to work in just over a week. We're trying to finish the suite downstairs to be rented for September. And the studio has people waiting for business, but is still an empty shell of a detached garage. It will be busy, but will pay off in the end.
Time for sleep....

No comments: