Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Shack

I bought the book "The Shack" a while ago, but hadn't started reading it until this past weekend.

WOW.

I'm halfway through, and have had to stop to process what I've read so far. Things that I've thought about God for a long time, things that I thought were biblically founded, are really just religion.

What an eye opener. I REALLY recommend this book for anyone, it doesn't matter what stage you are on your spiritual walk. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to read this book a few times to really let things sink in. The book really talks about our religion vs. a real relationship with God. It also focuses on the relationship of the Trinity, and the way that God loves you. And it's well written, which really makes a difference.

More reading to do!!!

1 comment:

Rick Modien said...

Sounds interesting, Julie. I've picked up this book numerous times, but I haven't bought or read it yet. Your recommendation makes a difference. I'll take a much closer look at it the next time I'm at Chapters.
Thanks.